We meet for one hour, four times a year, and each member brings a check for $100.
- Every member can nominate local non-profit charities, whose names are put into the fish bowl.
- Three charity names are drawn at random at each meeting from those submitted at that meeting.
- Each 100 Women Who Care member makes a 5-minute presentation about their cause, if their charity name is selected.
- We all vote on which cause to support.
The top vote-getting charity then receives all the checks, made out to them on the spot!
On each of four nights during the year, these 100 Women Who Care give up to $10,000 to a local non-profit charity, right here in the Erie County Ohio community. It’s fast, simple, and amazingly effective. We invite you to attend any time as a guest to see how it works and decide if the group is right for you.
View a 60-second video explanation of how 100 Women Who Care works:
A few simple rules:
- We each donate $100 per meeting (That comes out to just over $1 a day each year).
- Each of the three charities selected from the fish bowl will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting. This presentation must be made by a member of the 100 Women Who Care, who may or may not be a member of the organization.
- Each charity must be a non-profit entity recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3).
- If you are unable to attend any given meeting during the year, please give your check to a member to deliver on your behalf, or you will receive an email on where to send your check.
- By ballot, the group will vote, and the majority rules. Even if you don’t care for the choice, you still must donate. All checks go to one charity.
- No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Erie County, Ohio.
- Only three charities will be presented at each meeting.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- A year after being selected by the group, charities can re-submit their names for consideration.
To join 100 Women Who Care Erie County, OH, complete a Membership Form and return it via mail, email, or bring it to the next meeting. To nominate a charity for consideration, complete a Nomination Form and bring it to the next meeting. You must be at the meeting, and be a member in good standing, to put a name in the fish bowl and speak about the organization.