100+ Women Who Care is a group of women who care deeply about the Erie County Ohio community. The group gathers four times a year for a one-hour meeting, and each member writes a $100 check to a charity that the group selects. This combined donation of $10,000 makes a real impact, without time-consuming fundraising events and planning. Our mission and our hope is to provide for those in greatest need in Erie County. We hope you will join us at our next meeting to see how easy and fun it is!
100 Women Who Care is for you if:
- You don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer but have been wanting to help those in need, and you can commit to one hour every three months;
- You are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women philanthropists in Erie County, Ohio;
- You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
- You want your $100 donation to become a part of a larger amount of money by joining together with other women—creating a powerful impact in our local area.
- To join 100 Women Who Care Erie County Ohio, complete a Membership Form and return it via mail, email, or bring it to the next meeting. To nominate a charity for consideration, complete a Nomination Form and bring it to the next meeting. You must be at the meeting, and be a member in good standing, to put a name in the fish bowl and speak about the organization.
“What a great way to maximize impact and minimize hassles. No “the check is in the mail”. No treasurer. No keeper of the cash. No operational budget. No planning meetings that last an eternity. No walks, races, auctions, dinners or dances to attend. Just one 60-minute meeting four times a year.”
– Regina Brett, (Regina Brett is a New York Times bestselling author, newspaper columnist writing for The Plain Dealer and The Cleveland Jewish News, and an inspirational speaker).